Thursday, July 7, 2011

Strawberry Waffles

***Update!- Ok so I did this one again but cut it in half (so it made 8 waffles). Except this time I used peaches. Oh so good. Just as good or maybe even better than the strawberries. It only took one peach cut up into small pieces. I did use two eggs- don't forget to beat the whites separately- it really makes a difference. So so good. ***

Ok- so this one I kind of pieced together different recipes to make my own. They turned out really good. These were really soft so if you are looking for a crispy recipe this is not the one for you. I am reading to try and figure that out. From what I can find cornstarch has to be involved. I will get back to you on all that. A note about the eggs. It worked out really well to separate them and then beat the whites. It made it really fluffy- worth the effort!

Ingredients
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup and 1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 eggs separated
2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp sugar
1 cup of fresh strawberries

Directions
1) Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into large bowl
2) Stir in milk, oil, and yolks until smooth
3) beat egg whites in separate bowl until peaks form. Fold into batter.
4)Depending on your waffle iron scoop desired amount mine was about 1/4 a cup per waffle. Cook on a hot waffle iron until golden.

This made about 16 waffles on my small iron. We topped with whipped cream and syrup. Happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment