Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chicken Lasagna

I was told this one by my sister in law. I really enjoyed it! I made a couple edits. Per my mother in law I learned that there are pre- cooked lasagna noodles out there! I would recommend using those! I also cooked the chicken with a little bit of basil and chicken stock (thanks Em!) so it wouldn't burn. I add lots of cheese to the top to make it nice and crispy!

1 pkg. lasagna noodles
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups shredded chicken
1 (24oz) cottage cheese
1 large egg
12 oz. Mozzarella cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese

Cook pasta and set aside. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and basil. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth and stil with a whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5-8 minutes until bubbly. Stir in chicken and remove from heat. In separate bowl mix cottage cheese, egg, 8 oz of mozzarella, and 3/4 cup of parmesan. Use a 9X13 pan and layer part of chicken mixture, pasta, and then cheese mixture. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with chicken mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan and bake for 1 hour at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment